Thursday, July 19, 2012

Heat, heat, please go away!

Seriously.  There's a song to make rain go away.  Anyone know something to make an excessive heatwave take a bow and exit scene?  Believe me, I'm trying prayer, and I'm continuing on the premise that the prayer of a righteous person accomplishes much.  And no, that doesn't mean that I think I'm wonderful: only I'm credited with righteousness because of my faith; plus, remember, Elijah was a man just like us (hello, ran from Jezebel right after an amazing victory, right?), and when he prayed the rain stopped for three years, and then when he prayed again, the rain came.  So... maybe the Lord will see fit to grant my prayer for the heat to end?

I've tried hard not to whine.  I'm failing a bit, though.  I've been cranky, uncomfortable, and moody.  The electric bill hit hard and so Nick is in a fury to mitigate the next month's possible toll.  I haven't slept well in several nights, already hot, but the new measures have left me several hours short.  And short of patience.  It's the right thing to do, and there are others in far worse condition than we are.  I really have no reason to complain.  So, I will now try to stop.

I know I'm not the only one hoping for a lessening of the heat: the heat and drought are threatening farmers across the Midwest.  Food prices will rise because of the trickle-down affect of the crops dying due to this weather, which in turns affects all of us, but especially the poor.  There's a host of people who need this heatwave and drought to go away more than a cranky, incredibly pregnant woman in the middle of America.  But I'll be so grateful if it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment