Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3

I'm thankful for my dad's retirement.  It's something that my mom has been looking forward to for years.  She's so excited about getting to spend as much time as she wants with my dad that i can't help but be excited for them both.  I'm grateful for my kids: they now get to spend a lot more time with my dad.  I never knew my dad's dad, and I occasionally spent time with my grandmother and my mom's parents.  But none of them lived in town or were a daily part of my life.  My kid's get that opportunity with my parents.  They adore my dad, enjoy riding on the tractor with him as I did when I was a little girl.  Now they'll have more opportunity to do that.  I hope he'll be a part of our homeschool when we go on nature walks, that he'll take them to the Kanza prairie reserve and tell them everything he knows about grass.  I hope he'll eventually let the boys work on cars with him.  I hope that during this retirement portion of his life, we'll be able to use the opportunities to build lasting memories of their grandfather.  That they'll be able to listen to his stories about custom-cutting and the various trips he's taken and just enjoy "granddad" stories.

I love you, Dad.  Congrats.  I promise to help in any way to keep your retirement interesting. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment