Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Days of Thankfulness

I'm really behind; I know that.  I let one big post put me very, very behind.  But it was an important one.

I have something to be thankful for on every day I missed:

15) A place to call my own

16) Good books: my favorites being The Lord of the Rings, The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter and a whole slew of others, currently The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

17)the internet to stay connected to far-flung friends

18) my Bible study on Isaiah, which is teaching me so much

19)for God's Word which teaches me about who He is and how I should live in light of that

20) for knitting, because it allows me to create something pretty despite the fact that I am totally lacking in the artsy-fartsy department

21) for opportunities to cook, like Thanksgiving, because I love to do it and rarely have the energy to make big meals during this challenging phase of life

22) that I get to be a mama and the ways that it challenges me to be a better person

23) sweaters and scarves, because I love them

24) colder weather to enjoy the sweaters and scarves

25) nice days, because my children who love to be outside can get out there

26) the zoo and the wonder the animals give my son

27) that Eliza's three-year check up went well and that she was excited to do it! 

28) thankful for Disney's Doc McStuffins who has made check-ups cool

and one to grow on: I'm thankful that this round of sickness was shorter-lived and easier to get over than the last, and that the Lord has truly blessed me in so many areas of my life, that 30 Days just doesn't do it justice.  It really is about being grateful everyday, for even the smallest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment