Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankfulness, Day 8

Yesterday, Simon hurt his wrist. It happened during a "tussle" as I was trying to guide him towards the stairs, when he just want to play. He simultaneously ripped his hand out if mine, tried to climb in a riding toy, and fell down. Somewhere in there, he hurt his little wrist. It took me a few moments to realize he was crying because he was hurt, not angry. From there, it didn't take long to realize he was really hurt.

As I tried to dress him to go to the doctor's, I felt a little pop in his wrist/arm. He gave me a startled look and reached out to be held. Over the next few moments he calmed. Then he began to use the hand again. And then he tried to stick something up my nose.

I'm so thankful that whatever had popped out of place went right back in. I'm thankful he wasn't seriously hurt. And I'm so thankful that he's far tougher than his mama, who had a slight meltdown when all was said and done, and was right back to his normal self in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment